Translation of oven in Spanish:
- 1 (Cookery) it's like an oven in here! [colloquial]¡esto es un horno! [colloquial]to have a bun in the oven [slang]estar embarazadavenir con premio [colloquial] [humorous](before noun) oven dish oven glove o mittguante (masculine) para el hornooven rack o shelf
manopla (feminine) para el hornoparrilla (feminine) de hornooven-to-table warevajilla (feminine) que puede llevarse del horno a la mesaoven traybandeja (feminine) or placa (feminine) de hornear(River Plate area tb) chapa (feminine) de hornearExample sentences
- Most homeowners were left without basic living means after central heating, cookers, ovens, house alarms and telephones were damaged beyond use by the fault.
- The versatility of the cuisine and the custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors have entered the homes of many communities.
- There is a range of integrated appliances including an oven, cooker and four-ring ceramic hob.
- 2 (furnace)Example sentences
- Since the pieces are still quite moist, they must be dried in large ovens, called kilns, before they become hard enough to be packed.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- The following day, the coke ovens and one blast furnace were reported to have collapsed due to low temperatures and the absence of maintenance staff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.