Translation of oven in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Cookery) it's like an oven in here! [colloquial]to have a bun in the oven [slang]¡esto es un horno! [colloquial](before noun) oven dish oven glove o mittestar embarazadavenir con premio [colloquial] [humorous]oven rack o shelfguante (masculine) or manopla (feminine) para el hornooven-to-table wareparrilla (feminine) de hornooven trayvajilla (feminine) que puede llevarse del horno a la mesabandeja (feminine) or placa (feminine) or (in River Plate area also) chapa (feminine) or (Andes) lata (feminine) de hornearExample sentences1.2 (furnace)
- Most homeowners were left without basic living means after central heating, cookers, ovens, house alarms and telephones were damaged beyond use by the fault.
- The versatility of the cuisine and the custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors have entered the homes of many communities.
- There is a range of integrated appliances including an oven, cooker and four-ring ceramic hob.
- Since the pieces are still quite moist, they must be dried in large ovens, called kilns, before they become hard enough to be packed.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- The following day, the coke ovens and one blast furnace were reported to have collapsed due to low temperatures and the absence of maintenance staff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.