- 1.1 [Culin] horno (m) gas oven horno de or a gas oven baked hecho al horno, horneado it's like an oven in here! [colloquial/familiar] ¡esto es un horno! [familiar/colloquial] to have a bun in the oven [slang/argot] estar* embarazada, venir* con premio [fam & hum] (before n) oven dish fuente (m) de horno oven glove o mitt guante (m) or manopla (f) para el horno oven rack o shelf parrilla (f) de horno oven-to-table ware vajilla (f) que puede llevarse del horno a la mesa oven tray bandeja (f) or placa (f) or (RPl tb) chapa (f) or (Andes) lata (f) de hornearMore example sentences1.2 (furnace) horno (m)
More example sentences
- Most homeowners were left without basic living means after central heating, cookers, ovens, house alarms and telephones were damaged beyond use by the fault.
- The versatility of the cuisine and the custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors have entered the homes of many communities.
- There is a range of integrated appliances including an oven, cooker and four-ring ceramic hob.
- Since the pieces are still quite moist, they must be dried in large ovens, called kilns, before they become hard enough to be packed.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- The following day, the coke ovens and one blast furnace were reported to have collapsed due to low temperatures and the absence of maintenance staff.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...