Translation of overall in Spanish:
- (before noun/delante del nombre) [length] total; [result/reduction/cost] global the overall impression la impresión general or de conjunto he was the overall winner fue (el) campeón absolutoExample sentences
- The Montreal-based body has overall responsibility for global drug testing.
- The details may be small, but the overall effect is one of everything being exactly where it should be.
- He will also address the general outlook for the overall industry within the country.
- 2(overalls plural)2.1 (dungarees) (American English/inglés norteamericano) overol (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , peto (masculine) (Spain/España) , mameluco (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) 2.2 (boiler suit) (British English/inglés británico) overol (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , mono (masculine) (Spain/España)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.