Translation of overall in Spanish:
adjectiveAmerican English: /ˈoʊvəˌrɔl/ British English: /ˈəʊvərɔːl/
- (before noun)(length)(result/reduction/cost)the overall impressionhe was the overall winnerla impresión general or de conjuntofue (el) campeón absolutoExample sentences
- The Montreal-based body has overall responsibility for global drug testing.
- The details may be small, but the overall effect is one of everything being exactly where it should be.
- He will also address the general outlook for the overall industry within the country.
adverbAmerican English: /ˌoʊvəˈrɔl/ British English: /əʊvərˈɔːl/
nounAmerican English: /ˈoʊvəˌrɔl/ British English: /ˈəʊvərɔːl/
- 2also: overalls plural2.1 (dungarees) 2.2 (boiler suit)Example sentences
- When he had done, his mug empty, he went to his wardrobe where he pulled out a clean pair of underpants and a blue overall.
- A man wearing an orange overall was sweeping the street while others were running.
- The picture of men paint spraying in their ordinary clothes, rather than wearing protective overalls and without protective face masks, says it all.
- My green overalls and green shirt with my red jean jacket were my choice for today.
- Dress suitable for agriculture such as overalls, shirts, and boots is popular.
- Its 200 highly trained members dress in white overalls, padded clothing and crash helmets to protect themselves against police batons and shields.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.