Translation of overcome in Spanish:
- 1Example sentences
- No little effort was required to overcome stubborn opponents who showed why they have been rejuvenated of late.
- Corretja, seeded eighth, has yet to drop a set at one of his favourite tournaments but had to wait for six hours before finally overcoming his opponent.
- Tai Chi uses the power of relaxation, rather than force, to overcome an opponent.
- 2 (overwhelm)invadira strange feeling overcame her
apoderarse deuna extraña sensación la invadió or se apoderó de ellato be overcome
bysomethinghe was overcome by sleep/fatiguelo venció el sueño/la fatigashe was overcome by laughterno pudo contener la risathey were overcome by emotionlos embargó la emociónto be overcome withsomething(with guilt/remorse)you've all been so kind to me: I'm quite overcome
poralgotodos han sido tan buenos conmigo, realmente no sé qué decirExample sentences
- It is perfectly acceptable for a real man to cry when he is overcome with emotion.
- She was overcome with emotions as she gazed at the purest sunset she had ever laid eyes on.
- She was overcome with the feeling that she had to do something and she wasn't doing it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.