transitive verb/verbo transitivo (3rd person singular present of/tercera persona del presente de -does past tense of/pasado de, -did past participle of/participio pasado de, -done)
- 1 (exaggerate) [hospitality/mannerism/makeup] exagerar, pasarse con [colloquial/familiar] to overdo it, to overdo things ¡no te pases! [colloquial/familiar], ¡no exageres! I meant to shorten it a bit but I rather overdid it quería acortarlo un poco pero se me fue la mano give yourself a rest, you've been overdoing it ooverdoing things lately tómate un descanso, últimamente te has estado exigiendo demasiadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The consensus was that, although water was indeed a lovely thing to have in unlimited supply, we'd rather overdone it.
- Too late, to his chagrin, not to mention embarrassment, he found that he had rather overdone it, and could not get near him.
- Unfortunately, some of these tracks suffer due to some rather overdone production.
- The Doctor is of course off this weekend also and I am continuing in my discussions to try to keep him from overdoing things - he works harder than most and doesn't take to relaxation.
- Mars is a hard-driving taskmaster, so you've probably been overdoing things again recently.
- Barua is an avid tennis player who still takes the game with the exuberance of a youngster, consequently overdoing things at times.
- 2 [Cookery/Cocina] [roast/vegetables] cocinar demasiado, recocer*, dejar pasarMore example sentences
- My halibut was slightly overcooked and came with similarly overdone vegetables, making for an unmemorable experience.
- The tiger prawns were huge and not overdone and the potatoes and vegetables not overcooked.
- The sausages were tangy and unusual, slightly overdone at one end - which I like in a sausage - and tasty.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to