intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ˌəʊvərˈfləʊ; ˌəʊvəˈfləʊ/
- 1.1 [liquid] derramarse, desbordarse; [bucket/bath/river] desbordarse the party had overflowed into the garden la fiesta se había extendido al jardín overflowing ashtrays ceniceros rebosantes de colillas to fill sth to overflowing llenar algo hasta el bordeMore example sentences1.2 (be more than full of)to overflow
- My shelves are full, my bookcase is full, my drawers are overflowing, I have a zillion boxes of stuff and yet more stuff all over the floor.
- Not only was my Green Box overflowing, but next to it were two black sacks full of paper.
- Common failings included forgotten scraps of food in refrigerators, fridges not being at the required temperature and waste bins overflowing.
withsth the house is overflowing with junk la casa está hasta el techo de cachivaches she was overflowing with happiness estaba rebosante de felicidad
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˌəʊvərˈfləʊ; ˌəʊvəˈfləʊ/
- 1.1 (flow over) desbordar the river overflowed its banks el río desbordó su cauce or se salió de madre 1.2 (inundate, flood) [literary/literario] inundarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- After the river water overflowed the banks, it proceeded northward.
- If a heavy rain fills the reservoir, the water overflows into a perforated pipe that zigzags under the garden.
- Suddenly realizing that the water was overflowing, she poured out a bit and wiped off the edges of the mug with a cloth.
More example sentences
- The hip hop room is overflowing and happening - at least on Thursday nights.
- Waiting lounges overflowed, as they did at London airports.
- The hall was overflowing, and the crowd - the decidedly mainstream crowd, please note (only a handful sported dreadlocks) - fired up.
- The large hospital bed and all of the medical equipment overflowed the living room area.
- In order to overcome this problem when reducing milk over high heat, one should start off with a sufficiently large pan so that even foaming will not overflow the sides.
- He wore fairly shabby clothes, perhaps better suited for a wanderer, and had green hair overflowing his head, with black streaks running here and there.
- 1.1 u and c (excess) we put a bowl there to catch the overflow pusimos un bol para recoger el líquido que se derramaba or que salía the overflow from the church stood outside los que no cabían en la iglesia se quedaron fuera (before noun/delante del nombre) overflow meeting[ reunión organizada para dar cabida al excedente de asistentes a la reunión principal ] 1.2 countable/numerable (outlet) rebosadero (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) overflow pipe tubo (masculine) de desagüe 1.3 [Computing/Informática] desbordamiento (masculine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to