Translation of overground in Spanish:
- 1 (above ground) (before noun)(train/station)
de superficieExample sentences
- It's a bit like riding the London tube when it goes overground out in the suburbs.
- Here, both with Tube trains and overground commuter trains, it's increasingly a story of delays, horrendous overcrowding and reduced off-peak services.
- I tracked down the local overground station, only to find that this part of London merits merely two trains an hour, and so sat freezing on the platform until my deliverer arrived.
- 2 (mainstream) [colloquial](fashion/music/film)
- Sawhney is also working on a commission from the BBC for a piece to be played at the Proms - and you don't get much more overground than that.
- The second was an overground pop smash, with a groovy state-of-the-art video that got everyone talking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.