Translation of overkill in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Military/Militar][ sobrecapacidad de exterminación ]Example sentences1.2 (excess) exageración (feminine)
- Despite his sense of legality, he could resort to dramatic displays of armed might and air power to quell internal opposition with literal overkill.
- The main consideration was to avoid weapon overkill.
- Nevertheless, one can't help but think the hordes of Canadian Mounted Police and other law enforcement personnel amounts to overkill.
- While it may seem like overkill, the military was finally satisfied.
- Yet now that the government seems to be throwing its weight behind the issue, some critics call it overkill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.