Translation of overload in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˌəʊvərˈləʊd; ˌəʊvəˈləʊd/
- [car/circuit/system] sobrecargar* to overload sth
withsth recargar* algo dealgo we are overloaded with work estamos agobiados de trabajoExample sentences
- Ensure strict checks on the city outskirts to ensure that vehicles are not overloaded.
- That vehicle would be overloaded, and would only have one driver for however many people he is carrying.
- At all costs, the vehicle must never be overloaded.
- Between the air conditioners, the fans, the humidifiers and all the usual appliances, it's not hard to overload your electrical system during the dog days of August.
- If you overload an electrical system with too much energy and too much stimulation, the circuit breaker activates and shuts everything down.
- At this time of year especially it is very easy to overload your electrical system.
noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable /ˈəʊvərləʊd; ˈəʊvələʊd/
- [Electricity/Electricidad] sobrecarga (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.