Translation of overload in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˌəʊvərˈləʊd; ˌəʊvəˈləʊd/
- [car/circuit/system] sobrecargar* to overload sth
withsth recargar* algo dealgo we are overloaded with work estamos agobiados de trabajoExample sentences
- Ensure strict checks on the city outskirts to ensure that vehicles are not overloaded.
- That vehicle would be overloaded, and would only have one driver for however many people he is carrying.
- At all costs, the vehicle must never be overloaded.
- Between the air conditioners, the fans, the humidifiers and all the usual appliances, it's not hard to overload your electrical system during the dog days of August.
- If you overload an electrical system with too much energy and too much stimulation, the circuit breaker activates and shuts everything down.
- At this time of year especially it is very easy to overload your electrical system.
noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable /ˈəʊvərləʊd; ˈəʊvələʊd/
- [Electricity/Electricidad] sobrecarga (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.