Translation of overload in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˌəʊvərˈləʊd; ˌəʊvəˈləʊd/
- [car/circuit/system] sobrecargar* to overload sth
withsth recargar* algo dealgo we are overloaded with work estamos agobiados de trabajoExample sentences
- Ensure strict checks on the city outskirts to ensure that vehicles are not overloaded.
- That vehicle would be overloaded, and would only have one driver for however many people he is carrying.
- At all costs, the vehicle must never be overloaded.
- Between the air conditioners, the fans, the humidifiers and all the usual appliances, it's not hard to overload your electrical system during the dog days of August.
- If you overload an electrical system with too much energy and too much stimulation, the circuit breaker activates and shuts everything down.
- At this time of year especially it is very easy to overload your electrical system.
noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable /ˈəʊvərləʊd; ˈəʊvələʊd/
- [Electricity/Electricidad] sobrecarga (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.