Translation of overlook in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˌoʊvərˈlʊk/ British English: /əʊvəˈlʊk/
- 1 1.1 (not notice)(detail/mistake/object)
pasar por altoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (disregard)
- Oddly enough, you sometimes overlook important details or fail completely to see and understand the other person's point of view.
- Many researchers into the UFO enigma tend to overlook a very important fact.
- However, you might be overlooking a few important facts.
(fault/misdemeanor)1.3 (pass over) he was overlooked for promotion
- He was, and is, a good man, but no man is good enough to overlook every fault, especially something like this.
- However, while you are quick to overlook faults, the Thinker can be overly critical.
- The prisoner promised that if the Magistrates would overlook the offence he would not do anything of the kind again.
dejar pasarno lo tuvieron en cuenta para el ascenso
nounAmerican English: /ˈoʊvərˌlʊk/ British English: /ˈəʊvəlʊk/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.