Translation of overlook in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˌoʊvərˈlʊk/ British English: /əʊvəˈlʊk/
- 1 1.1 (not notice)(detail/mistake/object)
pasar por altoExample sentences1.2 (disregard)
- Oddly enough, you sometimes overlook important details or fail completely to see and understand the other person's point of view.
- Many researchers into the UFO enigma tend to overlook a very important fact.
- However, you might be overlooking a few important facts.
dejar pasarExample sentences1.3 (pass over) he was overlooked for promotion
no lo tuvieron en cuenta para el ascenso
- He was, and is, a good man, but no man is good enough to overlook every fault, especially something like this.
- However, while you are quick to overlook faults, the Thinker can be overly critical.
- The prisoner promised that if the Magistrates would overlook the offence he would not do anything of the kind again.
nounAmerican English: /ˈoʊvərˌlʊk/ British English: /ˈəʊvəlʊk/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.