Translation of overtake in Spanish:
- 1 (go past) he overtook the truckadelantó or pasó or (Mexico) rebasó al camiónExample sentences
- It is thought a dark-coloured Vauxhall Corsa, travelling south, overtook a line of traffic headed by a container lorry.
- The Focus had stopped when a vehicle, travelling in the opposite direction, overtook another vehicle, which had stopped so the driver could remove an obstruction from the road.
- He told the inquiry he was aware there was a vehicle, a Transit van, behind him which overtook the bus, passing by closely.
- 2 (surpass)superar
tomarle la delantera aExample sentences
- Last year, asparagus overtook coffee as Peru's top export crop and accounted for roughly a quarter of the country's farm exports.
- Coffee has overtaken tea as the most popular drink outside the home.
- While chipping at the landing is still the principal means of comminution, bundling is growing rapidly and could easily overtake roadside chipping within a few years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.