Translation of overtone in Spanish:
- 1 (suggestion, hint) (usually plural) there was an overtone of hostility in his voicethe film had clear political overtoneshabía una nota or un dejo or (Spain) un deje de hostilidad en su vozla película tenía un claro trasfondo políticoExample sentences
- His vibrant paintings offer traditional scenes of Nigerian villages and tribal customs, with only a few subtle political overtones.
- The term ‘reactionary force’ has political overtones and historical connotations.
- In furthering this project, I suggest, it is critical to establish the play's precise date if we would recuperate political overtones and connotations activated in the earliest productions.
- 2 (Music)Example sentences
- This third phase of tonal theory argued in favour of a natural basis for major - minor tonality in the overtones of the harmonic series.
- The principle is the same, but the notes become even more complex through the use of harmonic overtones and (again, my guess) unconventional bowing.
- The fundamental and its overtones are set into vibration very quickly, and it would take someone with a very keen aural sense to hear all of these tones separately.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to