Translation of overturn in Spanish:
- 1.1 (tip over)(table/boat)
darle la vuelta a
dar vuelta (Southern Cone)Example sentences1.2 (depose)
Example sentences1.3 (nullify)
- More than 4,000 students overturned cars and threw bottles out of windows at a university in Jiujiang, in the southern province of Jiangxi.
- A red-haired woman is taken away from the table after she overturns a full bowl of food.
- It was overturning cars and knocking over down buildings, trying desperately to catch Jordan.
- She said she had taken on her chairmanship in December 2003, determined to overturn a previous board decision not to renew Mr Ramsay's contract.
- Residents hope they can overturn the decision.
- He introduced reliable methods of assessment and measurement, and an epidemiological framework, and thereby overturned many of the previous conclusions.
darse la vuelta
darse vuelta (Southern Cone)Example sentences
- The car then overturned, coming to rest on its roof on the hard shoulder.
- The tragedy happened when the Vauxhall hit the central reservation and overturned, coming to rest on the hard shoulder.
- Any rower whose boat overturns in the ship channel faces a tough job getting to dry land safely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.