Translation of overwrought in Spanish:
- 1.1 (agitated) alterado, exaltadoExample sentences1.2 (elaborate) [pejorative/peyorativo] [prose/style] recargado
- She had looked forward to his return after a long absence; she had been in a nervous overwrought state after her husband's death and her health was not good.
- Add to these the author's overwrought imagination, which refuses to settle for the number of persons the vehicle can safely carry.
- She dismissed the thought as the result of her overwrought imagination, but it was all she could do not to run the last few steps to her cell.
- The award for most overwrought writing about snow goes to…
- Some overwrought writing mars an otherwise sharp and insightful exploration of homophobia in the deep South.
- On the other hand, the straight-ahead rock, soul and Eurodance is the overwrought work of a man who should know better.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas