Translation of oyster in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Cookery/Cocina] [Zoology/Zoología] ostra (feminine), ostión (masculine) (Mexico/México) ; (before noun/delante del nombre) [shell] de ostra or (Mexico/México) de ostiónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (color) color (masculine) perla; (before noun/delante del nombre) color perla (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
- Loch Fyne is Scotland's longest and deepest sea loch, and at its head, the Loch Fyne Oysters company farms oysters and mussels for consumption in its own restaurants as well as in many others in Britain.
- They discovered that small beads could be carved out of the shells of freshwater mussels and inserted into oysters to artificially form pearls.
- Bivalves like oysters, mussels and scallops are particularly prone to contamination because of the way they feed.
- Turn the chicken and cut from the tail to the head to remove the leg from the carcass and pop out the oyster.
- Tip the bird over slightly, and with the point of the knife remove the oyster and the small dark portion found on the side-bone.
- If you don't want to go beyond white, update your color with tone-on-tone neutrals like ecru, oyster, almond or biscuit.
- While Tisci focused on black and oyster, Lacroix used a vast array of colors and along with the rich details of beads, laces, corsets, flounces and satin.
- Suit colours for the summer include stone, muted grey, cream and oyster.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.