- 1.1 countable/numerable [Cookery/Cocina] [Zoology/Zoología] ostra (feminine), ostión (masculine) (Mexico/México) pearl oyster ostra perlífera (before noun/delante del nombre) [shell] de ostra or (Mexico/México) de ostión oyster bar [Cookery/Cocina] ostrería (feminine) oyster bed banco (masculine) de ostras or (Mexico/México) , ostiones, ostral (masculine) oyster farm vivero (masculine) or criadero (masculine) de ostras or (Mexico/México) , ostionesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (color) color (masculine) perla; (before noun/delante del nombre) color perla (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
- Loch Fyne is Scotland's longest and deepest sea loch, and at its head, the Loch Fyne Oysters company farms oysters and mussels for consumption in its own restaurants as well as in many others in Britain.
- They discovered that small beads could be carved out of the shells of freshwater mussels and inserted into oysters to artificially form pearls.
- Bivalves like oysters, mussels and scallops are particularly prone to contamination because of the way they feed.
More example sentences
- Turn the chicken and cut from the tail to the head to remove the leg from the carcass and pop out the oyster.
- Tip the bird over slightly, and with the point of the knife remove the oyster and the small dark portion found on the side-bone.
- If you don't want to go beyond white, update your color with tone-on-tone neutrals like ecru, oyster, almond or biscuit.
- While Tisci focused on black and oyster, Lacroix used a vast array of colors and along with the rich details of beads, laces, corsets, flounces and satin.
- Suit colours for the summer include stone, muted grey, cream and oyster.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.