vt (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (satisfy) apaciguar*, calmarMore example sentences1.2 (restore to peace) [country/area] pacificar*
More example sentences
- A plumber was stabbed in the chest and died within minutes when he tried to pacify an angry man armed with a knife outside a public house, a jury was told.
- Even Mr Deshpande's apology failed to pacify him.
- The traffic policeman, who arrives late, tries to pacify everyone.
- The idea of occupying and pacifying a country by airpower alone, or with the air force as the primary force employed, is especially attractive to airmen.
- Caesar campaigns against the Belgii; all northern Gaul apparently pacified.
- Linn's book is a detailed operational history of military action to pacify and restore order to the islands.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.