transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (satisfy) apaciguar*, calmarMore example sentences1.2 (restore to peace) [country/area] pacificar*
More example sentences
- A plumber was stabbed in the chest and died within minutes when he tried to pacify an angry man armed with a knife outside a public house, a jury was told.
- Even Mr Deshpande's apology failed to pacify him.
- The traffic policeman, who arrives late, tries to pacify everyone.
- The idea of occupying and pacifying a country by airpower alone, or with the air force as the primary force employed, is especially attractive to airmen.
- Caesar campaigns against the Belgii; all northern Gaul apparently pacified.
- Linn's book is a detailed operational history of military action to pacify and restore order to the islands.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to