Translation of pacify in Spanish:
transitive verb -fies, -fying, -fied
- 1 (satisfy)Example sentences
- A plumber was stabbed in the chest and died within minutes when he tried to pacify an angry man armed with a knife outside a public house, a jury was told.
- Even Mr Deshpande's apology failed to pacify him.
- The traffic policeman, who arrives late, tries to pacify everyone.
- 2 (restore to peace)(country/area)
- The idea of occupying and pacifying a country by airpower alone, or with the air force as the primary force employed, is especially attractive to airmen.
- Caesar campaigns against the Belgii; all northern Gaul apparently pacified.
- Linn's book is a detailed operational history of military action to pacify and restore order to the islands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.