- 1 1.1 (oar)zagual (masculine)
remo (masculine) pequeñoExample sentences1.2paddle (wheel)
rueda (feminine) hidráulica de paletas1.3 (on paddle wheel)Example sentences
- At the crack of dawn, as you slice through the calm river with quiet paddle strokes, your canoe glides upstream through a bank of fog that will slowly burn off with each cast of your fishing rod.
- The piece incorporates some of the images and experiences of Essadiqi's river adventures, as dancers interact with large floating wooden poles that represent paddles.
- The Pemon also make wooden dugout and bark canoes, paddles, and bows, and they weave hammocks and baby carriers.
- The vessel has a split stern wheel and each is run by a twin diesel engine that powers hydraulic motors which turn the paddles.
- The "Willamette Queen" was designed as a scaled down likeness of the former Mississippi and Yukon Territory Riverboats with paddles that really do propel her.
- 2 2.1 (stirrer)Example sentences2.2 (for punishment) (American English)
- For the rose petal cream: In bowl of food processor fitted with paddle, cream buttercream and butter until fluffy.
- Add this to the batter and mix just until smooth - a few turns of the paddle should do it.
- The person behind the counter slaps a scoop of ice cream onto a chilled marble slab, throws some cookie crumbs or chopped nuts on top, and mixes the whole thing together using flat paddles.
- 3 (flipper)Example sentences
- The forelimbs and hindlimbs are transformed into paddles.
- Some of the most frequent gross morphological adaptations to an aquatic lifestyle include the modifications of limbs into paddles and the elongation and lateral flattening of the tail.
- It appears from their architecture that the entire distal limb, not just the hands and feet, was used as a paddle.
- 4 (in table tennis) (esp American English)Example sentences
- He had a small red ball, the kind that at one time had been attached to a wooden paddle by a rubber string.
- André was interested in all sports, whether they involved balls, pucks, paddles or pedals.
- Each half is 10 minutes and the aim of the game is to score goals using the paddles or the hand.
- 1 (in canoe)Example sentences
- Unless some other canoe is in sight, one paddles along with a sense of solitude amid the mountains and the woods.
- Pablo Nuñez Perez, a Kuna who married an English girl and lived in England for seven years, paddled out in a dugout canoe (called an ulu) to welcome us.
- The beaches are among the world's finest, with soft, silver sand and water so clear you can spot rays and swordfish while paddling along the shore.
- 2 (swim)(duck/dog)
- The pond was filled with wildlife, as there were red and yellow goldfish swimming about, ducks paddling about on the surface, meddling with the herons.
- The woman, boating three miles off of the Gulf of Mexico, found this little kitten paddling furiously and meowing loudly.
- Sure enough, the turtles paddled in different directions when exposed to different magnetic fields.
llevar (remando con pala o zagual)
- 2 (beat)(American English) [colloquial]
zurrar(with paddle) darle palmetazos aExample sentences
- Finally, on the sixth hole, I went over to Nick and jokingly said, ‘Somebody must have paddled you with one of those when you were a kid.’
- You were paddled in school, and you were occasionally, as you put it, ‘whipped by [your] daddy.’
- They paddle each other; they paddle evil-doers they capture; really the only person they never get to spank is Wonder Woman herself.
- (wet feet)mojarse los pies (en la orilla)Example sentences
- Is it really the role of design to prevent kids paddling in shallow water, protecting them without engendering a sense of responsibility for their actions in either the children or their parents?
- Her biggest fear, it has recently been revealed, is paddling in shallow water.
- The youngster, who could not swim, was paddling in shallow water while three friends were swimming.
- (no plural) to go for a paddle(standing) ir a mojarse los pies(playing) ir a jugar or a chapotear en la orillaExample sentences
- While the more adventurous, or foolhardy, jumped over the waterfalls, I went for a quick paddle to soothe my aching feet.
- Joe had a paddle and Maggie dipped her feet into the children's paddling pool.
- Otherwise it's an undemanding walk or paddle between bays in one of the most beautiful and protected parts of New Zealand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.