- 1 1.1 (oar) zagual (masculine), pala (feminine), remo (masculine) pequeñoMore example sentences1.2paddle (wheel) rueda (feminine) hidráulica de paletas 1.3 (on paddle wheel) paleta (feminine)
More example sentences
- At the crack of dawn, as you slice through the calm river with quiet paddle strokes, your canoe glides upstream through a bank of fog that will slowly burn off with each cast of your fishing rod.
- The piece incorporates some of the images and experiences of Essadiqi's river adventures, as dancers interact with large floating wooden poles that represent paddles.
- The Pemon also make wooden dugout and bark canoes, paddles, and bows, and they weave hammocks and baby carriers.
- The vessel has a split stern wheel and each is run by a twin diesel engine that powers hydraulic motors which turn the paddles.
- The "Willamette Queen" was designed as a scaled down likeness of the former Mississippi and Yukon Territory Riverboats with paddles that really do propel her.
- 2 2.1 (stirrer) pala (feminine) 2.2 (for punishment) (American English/inglés norteamericano) palmeta (feminine)More example sentences
- For the rose petal cream: In bowl of food processor fitted with paddle, cream buttercream and butter until fluffy.
- Add this to the batter and mix just until smooth - a few turns of the paddle should do it.
- The person behind the counter slaps a scoop of ice cream onto a chilled marble slab, throws some cookie crumbs or chopped nuts on top, and mixes the whole thing together using flat paddles.
- 3 (flipper) aleta (feminine)More example sentences
- The forelimbs and hindlimbs are transformed into paddles.
- Some of the most frequent gross morphological adaptations to an aquatic lifestyle include the modifications of limbs into paddles and the elongation and lateral flattening of the tail.
- It appears from their architecture that the entire distal limb, not just the hands and feet, was used as a paddle.
- 4 (in table tennis) (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) pala (feminine), paleta (feminine)More example sentences
- He had a small red ball, the kind that at one time had been attached to a wooden paddle by a rubber string.
- André was interested in all sports, whether they involved balls, pucks, paddles or pedals.
- Each half is 10 minutes and the aim of the game is to score goals using the paddles or the hand.