- 1.1 (field) prado (m), cercado (m), potrero (m)More example sentences1.2 (at race course) paddock (m)
More example sentences
- What is required to make the fence adequate depends upon the horses confined behind it, the proximity of the paddock or pasture to the highway, and the nature of the highway.
- Residents in Little Lever have objected to plans to build an exercise paddock for horses at the rear of their homes.
- The horses in the paddocks were whinnying and nickering, and our mares called out in response.
- No hunting took place, but a crowd gathered around the racecourse paddock to hear a number of speeches.
- What is now largely settled land on the more direct route was at that time paddocks and stables for race horses, and it seemed to me then that I passed through a kind of wild route to get home.
- But there was a stroke of good fortune for Fallon in the paddock before the race as Gift Horse lashed out with his hind legs, narrowly missing the jockey.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.