con goce de sueldo(informer)to put paid to something (British)
a sueldoechar por tierra algo
acabar con algoExample sentences
- When a child is ill it should be accepted that fathers will need paid leave to help care for the child.
- Please can you suggest some form of genuine paid work at home that my husband or I could do?
- The Essex study shows women spend less time on household chores but do more paid work.
- It was also rumoured that he was the second highest paid artist in the world next to Picasso.
- It is run by a small team of paid staff and a large number of volunteers from all over the world.
- They appear to be of much more value to the area and its people than the paid officials.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.