Translation of pain in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable (physical) she was in great painestaba muy dolorida or ( (Latin America) tb) adoloridasentía mucho dolorI'm in constant painsiento dolor permanentementeto cry out in o with paingritar de dolorto ease the paincalmar el dolorI've got a pain in my legme duele la piernastomach/chest painsdolores (masculine plural) de estómago/de pechoto be a pain in the neck o (American English) [vulgar] ass o (British English) [vulgar] arseser un pesadoser insoportableser un coñazo (Spain) [vulgar]to be feeling no pain (American English) [colloquial]estar como una cuba [colloquial]estar bien pedo (Mexico) [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 uncountable (mental) the divorce caused me a lot of pain
sufrí mucho con el divorcioit takes the pain out of accountinghace más fácil la contabilidadExample sentences1.3on pain of something/
- Patients and their physicians are familiar with acute pain or pain caused by injury.
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic musculoskeletal illness of wide-spread pain and profound fatigue.
- She is recovering at home from her injuries but still suffers pain when lifted, according to her family.
- The Special Adjudicator was right to consider whether it amounted to severe mental pain and suffering.
- Of that sum £135,000 was in respect of pain, suffering and loss of amenity.
- It was also to remember her journey through pain, sorrow, loss and deprivation.
-ing(as preposition)bajo or so pena de algo/+ infinitive
- 2also: pains plural(effort) that's all you get for your painsasí te pagan la molestiashe was at great pains to dissociate herself from …trató por todos los medios de dejar bien en claro que no tenía nada que ver con …I took considerable pains to explain it to thempuse mucho esmero or me esforcé mucho en explicárselo
- it pains me to see that …me duele or me apena or me da pena ver que …Example sentences
- He was almost physically pained by rigid doctrinal systems, and mildly revolted by the idea of discipleship.
- It physically pains me to give away the money which makes me feel comfortable and stable in this life.
- Lain's eyes completely washed over with emotions and for some reason it pained her physically for she had never ever felt any kind of emotions but anger.
- (esp (American English) )my finger's/head's painingme duele el dedo/la cabezaExample sentences
- His head spun and his body pained in various areas until he was forced to lie once again and sit up with a slower pace.
- I moved slowly, feeling soft fabric around me, though my body pained me.
- I wanted to see it so much my chest ached and pained with the frustration.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.