Translation of painful in Spanish:
- 1 (physically) is it very painful?¿duele mucho?Example sentences
- The patches become itchy and painful, causing both physical and psychological discomfort.
- He endured years of painful physical therapy after being adopted by Mia.
- While he was doubled over, she reached for anything heavy, turning onto her stomach with painful difficulty.
- 2 (mentally)(task)
desagradable(reminder)it is my painful duty to inform you …
dolorosotengo el doloroso deber de informarles …it was painful to watch her wasting awaydaba pena or lástima or era doloroso ver como se consumíaExample sentences
- Make sure the bike fits you and not the other way round otherwise a few days of cycling might be an uncomfortable or painful experience.
- Often what he expresses is the failure of sight, implying a painful or traumatic experience or image.
- They felt some of the impact of their painful and distressing symptoms had been eased.
- 3 (bad) [colloquial]de pena [colloquial]his acting was really painfulsu actuación daba vergüenza ajenaExample sentences
- Going by the contortions of your average rock band, music is a painful and terribly serious duty.
- Racism is a pernicious influence, but it's also a dangerous and painful accusation to level against someone.
- I know it's serious, and very painful, but you can't help laughing when you read that
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.