Translation of painful in Spanish:
- 1.1 (physically) doloroso is it very painful? ¿duele mucho?Example sentences1.2 (mentally) [task] desagradable; [reminder] doloroso it is my painful duty to inform you … tengo el doloroso deber de informarles … it was painful to watch her wasting away daba pena or lástima or era doloroso ver como se consumía
Example sentences1.3 (bad) [colloquial/familiar] de pena [colloquial/familiar], pésimo his acting was really painful su actuación daba vergüenza ajena
- The patches become itchy and painful, causing both physical and psychological discomfort.
- He endured years of painful physical therapy after being adopted by Mia.
- While he was doubled over, she reached for anything heavy, turning onto her stomach with painful difficulty.
- Make sure the bike fits you and not the other way round otherwise a few days of cycling might be an uncomfortable or painful experience.
- Often what he expresses is the failure of sight, implying a painful or traumatic experience or image.
- They felt some of the impact of their painful and distressing symptoms had been eased.
- Going by the contortions of your average rock band, music is a painful and terribly serious duty.
- Racism is a pernicious influence, but it's also a dangerous and painful accusation to level against someone.
- I know it's serious, and very painful, but you can't help laughing when you read that
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.