Translation of paint in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- pintura (feminine) wet paint pintura fresca or (Spain/España) ojo, pinta paint remover quitapintura (masculine)Example sentences
- Carpenters were now putting a fresh coating of paint on the house, making it look almost as though it had just been built.
- Watered-down paint soaks into the porous concrete so it won't flake or peel like surface paint does.
- We did test some acrylic paint on tiles and it was just totally unsatisfactory so we chose what, I guess, was the appropriate paint for the surface.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Art/Arte] [portrait/landscape] pintar these flowers were painted in by a later hand estas flores se agregaron posteriormente 1.2 (apply paint to) [wall/door/house] pintar I painted the kitchen pink pinté la cocina de rosa the door's freshly painted la puerta está recién pintada I'll draw the outline and you paint it in yo dibujo el contorno y tú lo coloreas or pintas to paint sth out, to paint over sth pintar encima de algo, tapar algo con pintura to paint iodine on a wound, to paint a wound with iodine aplicar* yodo a una herida 1.3 (describe) pintar to paint a glowing/gloomy picture of sth pintar algo favorablemente/muy negro as black as it's been painted the situation isn't as black as it's been painted la situación no es tan negra como la pintan the boss isn't as black as he's painted el jefe no es tan fiero como lo pintan 1.4 (make up) to paint one's face pintarse, maquillarse to paint one's lips/nails pintarse los labios/las uñas
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- pintar to paint in oils/watercolors pintar al óleo/a la acuarela
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the