Translation of palate in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] paladar (masculine) soft palate velo (masculine) del paladar hard palate paladar duroExample sentences1.2 (sense of taste) paladar (masculine) a wine for the discerning palate un vino para paladares exigentes
- Forty percent of head and neck cancers occur in the oral cavity, including the tongue, floor of the mouth, palate, lips and oropharynx.
- This surgery involves drawing tissue from either side of the mouth to rebuild the palate and requires two or three nights in the hospital, the first night in the intensive care unit.
- The palate is defined anatomically as the roof of the mouth.
- This north Indian food festival has the essential ingredients to suit different palates.
- In the past, children's palates were trained to appreciate different kinds of flavours in different societies through eating together with adults.
- The Spanish palate is different than the Mexican palate; though the two countries share the same tongue they have different tastes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.