- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] paladar (masculine) soft palate velo (masculine) del paladar hard palate paladar duroMore example sentences1.2 (sense of taste) paladar (masculine) a wine for the discerning palate un vino para paladares exigentes
More example sentences
- Forty percent of head and neck cancers occur in the oral cavity, including the tongue, floor of the mouth, palate, lips and oropharynx.
- This surgery involves drawing tissue from either side of the mouth to rebuild the palate and requires two or three nights in the hospital, the first night in the intensive care unit.
- The palate is defined anatomically as the roof of the mouth.
- This north Indian food festival has the essential ingredients to suit different palates.
- In the past, children's palates were trained to appreciate different kinds of flavours in different societies through eating together with adults.
- The Spanish palate is different than the Mexican palate; though the two countries share the same tongue they have different tastes.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.