- 1.1 [skin/person] (naturally) blanco; (pallid) pálido you look rather pale estás un poco pálido pale with rage/fright pálido or lívido de rabia/de miedo to turn pale palidecer* she turned pale when I told her palideció cuando se lo dijeMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [blue/pink] pálido a pale imitation una burda imitación
- I had never lived anywhere that had a rainy season and could not imagine that I would open my shoe closet one day to find all my shoes a fuzzy shade of pale green.
- From the back pocket of her jeans, she takes a smooth polished stone, shades of pale green swirled inside it like ocean waves.
- Little wonder almost all of them dabbled in different shades of pale green and blue.
- She is in shock, and her pale complexion is becoming more and more flecked with blood.
- He was clean shaven, with a pale complexion and drawn cheeks.
- She was pale skinned with some freckles and a pixie nose.
- 1.1 [person] palidecer*More example sentences1.2 (seem minor) to pale
- Georgi Malenkov, in the chair, paled for fear that the other members would not instantly stand up to protest and demand that the request be denied.
- What lay before her struck her like a dagger, causing her to pale with fear, even begin to sob silently.
- His face paled, and his eyes went wide with shock.
besideo beforesb/sth palidecer* junto aalgn/algo our problems pale into insignificance beside theirs nuestros problemas parecen nimios comparados con los suyosMore example sentences
- Both of those paled into insignificance in comparison to episode three, though.
- As much as he enjoyed his career, it paled into insignificance beside the love he felt for his family.
- Hunting is important to me but it pales in comparison to family responsibility.
- beyond the pale intolerable, inaceptable his conduct is quite beyond the pale su comportamiento es totalmente intolerable or inaceptableMore example sentences
- It brought us within the pale of science but at a price: the tacit agreement that we never declare psi to have been proven.
- Our views on these issues are not heretical and not unique to us, but are squarely within the pale of orthodoxy.
- I am not included within the pale of this glorious anniversary!