Translation of palette in Spanish:
- 1.1 (board) paleta (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (range of color) gama (feminine)
- The artist's easel, paint box, palettes, paintbrushes and dried tubes of paint occupied a corner.
- The inventory of the contents of his studio made for probate purposes after his death lists a few standard items of equipment - easels, palettes, canvases - but nothing to hint at any unusual working method.
- The portrait is dominated by her own image, holding a palette and a paintbrush in her hands.
- His minimalist style of drawing and limited palette of colours are far from painterly, however.
- In this, the colour palette is darker and the drawings simpler and more stylised.
- Its restrained palette, the sinuous, loopy drawing, and the interplay of seemingly simple forms and planes present a highly cerebral visual game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.