- 1.1 [Art/Arte] espátula (feminine)More example sentences1.2
( (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) pallet knife)[Cookery/Cocina] espátula (feminine), paleta (feminine)More example sentences
- In one work, thick dabs of red, yellow, blue, white and yellow-green oil paint applied with a palette knife cover the 10-foot-wide canvas.
- Often applying oil paint with a palette knife, Scott fills his canvases with irregular squares and rectangles in a rainbow of contrasting hues.
- In some cases, the artist may scratch or splatter paint, add crayon or brush strokes or apply additional paint with a palette knife.
- Using a palette knife or fish slice, carefully transfer each pizza to a serving plate and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Lift them from the pan with a fish slice or palette knife and place them on a shallow dish.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and pour over the pan juices, OR: turn the chicken over with a palette knife so that the cheese is on the bottom.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.