- 1.1 [Art/Arte] espátula (feminine)More example sentences1.2
( (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) pallet knife)[Cookery/Cocina] espátula (f), paleta (f)More example sentences
- In one work, thick dabs of red, yellow, blue, white and yellow-green oil paint applied with a palette knife cover the 10-foot-wide canvas.
- Often applying oil paint with a palette knife, Scott fills his canvases with irregular squares and rectangles in a rainbow of contrasting hues.
- In some cases, the artist may scratch or splatter paint, add crayon or brush strokes or apply additional paint with a palette knife.
- Using a palette knife or fish slice, carefully transfer each pizza to a serving plate and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Lift them from the pan with a fish slice or palette knife and place them on a shallow dish.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and pour over the pan juices, OR: turn the chicken over with a palette knife so that the cheese is on the bottom.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.