- 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (fence) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) empalizada (feminine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (stake) estaca (feminine)
More example sentences
- The post and wire fence at the end of the road needed attention - in the long term, a hedge, wooden paling or stone wall would be attractive if a replacement is considered.
- By employing wooden palings, building channels to divert rainwater and cultivating indigenous vegetation, the engineers claim to have demonstrated that Mother Nature can be nursed with ‘ecological therapy.’
- We cross the threshold of the paling, pass beyond the encircling reach of timber walls.
- The house, approached by a set of steps, stands behind a fence with iron palings and brick columns flanking an ‘eyeglass’ gate.
- Some were working outside a thick palisade of wooden palings which ran circling outside the buildings.
- Many of the stores have a courtyard at the back and a look through the dusty wooden palings of the doors reveals the street to be almost like a business convention some of the time.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.