Translation of paling in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (fence) (often plural)Example sentences1.2 countable (stake)
- The post and wire fence at the end of the road needed attention - in the long term, a hedge, wooden paling or stone wall would be attractive if a replacement is considered.
- By employing wooden palings, building channels to divert rainwater and cultivating indigenous vegetation, the engineers claim to have demonstrated that Mother Nature can be nursed with ‘ecological therapy.’
- We cross the threshold of the paling, pass beyond the encircling reach of timber walls.
- The house, approached by a set of steps, stands behind a fence with iron palings and brick columns flanking an ‘eyeglass’ gate.
- Some were working outside a thick palisade of wooden palings which ran circling outside the buildings.
- Many of the stores have a courtyard at the back and a look through the dusty wooden palings of the doors reveals the street to be almost like a business convention some of the time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.