- 1 (cloth) a pall of smokeuna cortina de humoto cast a pall on or over somethingempañar algoExample sentences
- During the mass, they covered the coffin with a pall, some kind of cloth. we took it off on the way out the door to the church, and then draped the American flag over his coffin.
- Ultimately, the only recognition Railton received was to see the bloodstained Union Jack he had used as a pall for temporary burials lowered over the coffin of the Unknown Warrior in the Abbey.
- There were immense black plumes at each corner and a black velvet pall covered the coffin.
- hacerse pesadohis jokes began to pall on ussus chistes empezaron a aburrirnosExample sentences
- But for one man at least, the role of cheerless automaton seems to be palling.
- But, surprisingly for someone who has experience of the former Soviet Union, Roxburgh overlooks the fact that the attractions of capitalism have palled for many people in the former socialist bloc.
- But its extravagant sorrows and symphonic self-seriousness soon palled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.