- 1palm (tree) palmera (feminine) date palm palma (feminine) de dátiles, palmera (feminine) datilera (before noun/delante del nombre) palm grove palmeral (masculine) palm leaf palma (feminine)More example sentences
- They even feel attached to the tree or the palm tree that might stand outside their home.
- The California Fan Palm is the only palm tree native to western North America and its natural range is farther south.
- So I obediently drew two leaves, belonging to a palm tree just beyond the verandah.
- 2 (leaf, branch) palma (feminine)More example sentences
- Albeit there are those latter-day scientists who would tend instead to award the ancestral palm to the lung-fish.
- Note that Jacopo adds something not prescribed - an angel swooping down with a palm, symbol of martyrdom.
- Step forward for a palm of victory.
- 3palm (cross) rama (feminine) de olivo ≈ palma (feminine) ≈ palmón (masculine) ([ en Esp ])
- [Anatomy/Anatomía] palma (feminine) to read sb's palm leerle* la mano a algn to grease o oil sb's palm untarle la mano a algn to have itchy o itching palms ser* fácil de sobornar, ser* coimero (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) [colloquial/familiar] to have sb in the palm of one's hand she's got him in the palm of her hand se lo ha metido en el bolsillo, hace lo que le da la gana con él
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
palm offverb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio to palm sth/sb off