- (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang, dated/argot, anticuado], imbécil (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Unless they're all palookas from the South Side, the writers come from leafy suburbs; and that loading zone behind the shopping center is not an alley.
- And frankly, a palooka Rollins is: covered head to toe with tattoos and belching metallic tales of power run amok and self-sufficiency.
- Maybe it's the only reason Neo's been hanging out with an old palooka like me.
- One boxer has plenty of pop, can hit bad pitches, and is a fun at-bat, while the other is your average palooka with a wood stick.
- Tyson was the palooka in his last fight, knocked out by Danny Williams in the fourth round last July 30.
- Relegated to fighting palookas in tiny towns, he was asked to tape a 10-second promotion for a local TV station in Florida.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.