Translation of panic in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (fear, anxiety) there was widespread panic on world financial marketscundió el pánico en los mercados financieros del mundopeople fled in panicla gente huyó, despavorida or presa del pánicokeep calm, don't get into a panic when the lights went out, the whole crowd was thrown into a paniccuando se apagaron las luces, cundió el pánico entre la gentethe announcement spread panic among the shoppersel anuncio sembró el pánico entre la gente que se encontraba en la tienda(before noun) the strike led to panic food-buyingla gente se asustó con la huelga y se lanzó a comprar alimentospanic measuremedida (feminine) de emergencia (en situaciones de pánico)that was a typical panic reactionesa fue una reacción típica de un momento de pánicoit was panic stations [colloquial]reinaba el pánicoExample sentences
- So now here I am, full of fear and panic and anxiety once again.
- Anxiety symptoms were also high, with 64% reporting symptoms of fear, panic or anxiety.
- But it is far more likely that you would be affected by fear and panic than a terrorist weapon.
intransitive verb -ck-
- dejarse llevar por el pánicohe panicked and jumped out of the windowpresa del pánico, se tiró por la ventanahe panicked and pressed the alarm bellle entró el pánico y apretó la alarmadon't panic!¡tranquilo!calm down, there's no need to panic
- It was crowded and I started panicking and feeling faint.
- The crowd panicked and some jumped into a well to be crushed by those jumping after them.
- Oh, to be sure, there are always folks who panic, or loot.
transitive verb -ck-
- infundirle pánico ato panic somebody
intosomethingwe were panicked into a hasty decisionlo que nos dijeron ( or lo que leímos etc) nos infundió pánico y tomamos una decisión precipitadaExample sentences
- The only goal came in the 25th minute when Crouch's knock-down panicked Scharner into reckless contact with Owen a yard inside the area.
- They will also realise, no matter how long it takes, that they will not panic London into submission, nor will their ultimate aims succeed.
- There were a number of options on the table, some of which were attractive, but the manager says he will not be panicked into making a decision until the future becomes clear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.