- 1.1 (soft food) papilla (f)More example sentences1.2 /pʌp/ (SAfr) [Culin] (sweet porridge)papilla de harina de maíz hervida
More example sentences1.3 (drivel) this book/show is mindless pap! este libro/espectáculo es una estupidez or una tontería
- Babies are breast-fed on demand, often for well over a year, although solid foods, usually rice pap, may be introduced at a young age.
- Therefore to stuff the baby with paps and slops is to deprive it of the most strengthening food; for if its stomach be filled with pap, there cannot be any room for food.
- Throughout the years a soft gruel-like substance called pap was fed to small babies. Pap was made of a number of things including ground cornmeal and water.
- Other items include a finger lunch of meat dishes, vegetables and salads or a braai menu of chicken peri-peri, rump steak, traditional wors served with pap, rolls, roasted potato and tomato gravy.
- Apart from tasting traditional Xhosa food - from kudu steaks to samp and beans and stywe pap - the Canadians will be licking their fingers as they tuck into specially made Springbok wors.
- Customers are given a choice between pap and rice served with chicken or beef stew.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.