- 1.1 (soft food) papilla (feminine)More example sentences1.2 /pʌp/ (South Africa/Sudáfrica) [Cookery/Cocina] (sweet porridge)[ papilla de harina de maíz hervida ]
More example sentences1.3 (drivel) this book/show is mindless pap! este libro/espectáculo es una estupidez or una tontería
- Babies are breast-fed on demand, often for well over a year, although solid foods, usually rice pap, may be introduced at a young age.
- Therefore to stuff the baby with paps and slops is to deprive it of the most strengthening food; for if its stomach be filled with pap, there cannot be any room for food.
- Throughout the years a soft gruel-like substance called pap was fed to small babies. Pap was made of a number of things including ground cornmeal and water.
- Other items include a finger lunch of meat dishes, vegetables and salads or a braai menu of chicken peri-peri, rump steak, traditional wors served with pap, rolls, roasted potato and tomato gravy.
- Apart from tasting traditional Xhosa food - from kudu steaks to samp and beans and stywe pap - the Canadians will be licking their fingers as they tuck into specially made Springbok wors.
- Customers are given a choice between pap and rice served with chicken or beef stew.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.