Translation of pap in Spanish:
- 1.1 (soft food) papilla (feminine)Example sentences1.2 /pʌp/ (South Africa/Sudáfrica) [Cookery/Cocina] (sweet porridge)[ papilla de harina de maíz hervida ]
Example sentences1.3 (drivel) this book/show is mindless pap! este libro/espectáculo es una estupidez or una tontería
- Babies are breast-fed on demand, often for well over a year, although solid foods, usually rice pap, may be introduced at a young age.
- Therefore to stuff the baby with paps and slops is to deprive it of the most strengthening food; for if its stomach be filled with pap, there cannot be any room for food.
- Throughout the years a soft gruel-like substance called pap was fed to small babies. Pap was made of a number of things including ground cornmeal and water.
- Other items include a finger lunch of meat dishes, vegetables and salads or a braai menu of chicken peri-peri, rump steak, traditional wors served with pap, rolls, roasted potato and tomato gravy.
- Apart from tasting traditional Xhosa food - from kudu steaks to samp and beans and stywe pap - the Canadians will be licking their fingers as they tuck into specially made Springbok wors.
- Customers are given a choice between pap and rice served with chicken or beef stew.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.