Translation of paraffin in Spanish:
- 1.1paraffin (wax) parafina (feminine)Example sentences1.2paraffin (oil) (British English/inglés británico) queroseno (masculine), kerosene (masculine), parafina (feminine) (Chile) (before noun/delante del nombre) [lamp/stove] de or a queroseno ( or kerosene etc)
- Most candles contain paraffin, a petroleum-based wax that produces black soot when burned.
- This engine, like other hybrids, uses nitrous oxide as liquid oxidizer, but uses paraffin rather than rubber as the engine's solid fuel.
- For light microscopy, several media such as paraffin, polyethylene glycol and resin, have been used to embed plant tissues.
(liquid paraffin)(British English/inglés británico) parafina (feminine) líquida, aceite (masculine) de parafina
- Many rural people, and those living in a semi-urban situation, had to find their fuel from coal, paraffin, and especially timber.
- The four-cylinder engine could develop 30 h.p. using paraffin as fuel, no doubt more on petrol, then not as easily available.
- As renewable sources of fuel, such as wood become scarce it is important for any society to make the transition to mass-produced fuels such as coal or paraffin, and then later shift to electricity or gas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the