Translation of paraffin in Spanish:
- 1.1paraffin (wax)Example sentences1.2paraffin (oil) (British English)
(before noun) (lamp/stove)de or a queroseno ( or kerosene etc)Example sentences1.3
- Most candles contain paraffin, a petroleum-based wax that produces black soot when burned.
- This engine, like other hybrids, uses nitrous oxide as liquid oxidizer, but uses paraffin rather than rubber as the engine's solid fuel.
- For light microscopy, several media such as paraffin, polyethylene glycol and resin, have been used to embed plant tissues.
also: liquid paraffin
- Many rural people, and those living in a semi-urban situation, had to find their fuel from coal, paraffin, and especially timber.
- The four-cylinder engine could develop 30 h.p. using paraffin as fuel, no doubt more on petrol, then not as easily available.
- As renewable sources of fuel, such as wood become scarce it is important for any society to make the transition to mass-produced fuels such as coal or paraffin, and then later shift to electricity or gas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.