Translation of parallel in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [streets/rows] paralelo parallel lines rectas (feminine plural) paralelas parallel
tosth paralelo aalgo the road runs parallel to the state border la carretera va or corre (en dirección) paralela a la frontera del estado a parallel text edition una edición bilingüeExample sentences1.2 (similar) paralelo, análogo
- The parabola results when the plane is parallel to a generating line of the cone.
- The lines midway between parallel sides of the hexagon also form a triangle.
- In the other case, the sides of the hexagon are parallel to the sides of the given triangle.
- Although once synonymous with the German New Wave of the early 1970s, Wenders has enjoyed a long parallel career in American cinema and divided his time between Berlin and Hollywood.
- Lovecraft based a parallel Massachusetts on the existing one.
- The phasic and tonic crayfish claw closer neurons have similar sized somata and parallel dendritic branching.
- 2 [Music/Música] paralelo
- 3 3.1 [Computing/Informática] en paralelo parallel printer impresora (feminine) en paralelo 3.2 [Electronics/Electrónica] [circuit] paraleloExample sentences
- I then went ahead and plugged in all the motherboard connectors such as the power switch, reset switch, etc. and then plugged in all the molex and parallel connectors.
- More importantly, parallel connections become far less efficient as traffic rates increase, making serial connections more scalable.
- Programming the ButtonBox requires constructing a special parallel cable to connect to it, and then running the programming software.
- This can mean one thread running from an application and a second thread running from an operating system, or parallel threads running from within a single application.
- A parallel data processing system is provided for increasing the program execution rate of a target machine.
- An array of qubits operates as a parallel computer capable of performing a large calculation in one step, and the power grows rapidly with the number of qubits.
- 2 2.1 (similarity) to look at the parallels between two things estudiar el paralelismo entre dos cosas one is struck by the parallels with contemporary Africa llama la atención el paralelismo que existe con el África contemporánea without parallel sin parangón, sin paralelo 2.2 (comparison) to draw a parallel establecer* un paralelismo or un paralelo the article draws a parallel between the two thinkers el artículo establece un paralelo or un paralelismo entre los dos pensadores
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-l- or (in British English also/en inglés británico también) , -ll-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to