- 1 1.1 [streets/rows] paralelo parallel lines rectas (fpl) paralelas parallel
tosth paralelo aalgo the road runs parallel to the state border la carretera va or corre (en dirección) paralela a la frontera del estado a parallel text edition una edición bilingüeMore example sentences1.2 (similar) paralelo, análogo
More example sentences
- The parabola results when the plane is parallel to a generating line of the cone.
- The lines midway between parallel sides of the hexagon also form a triangle.
- In the other case, the sides of the hexagon are parallel to the sides of the given triangle.
- Although once synonymous with the German New Wave of the early 1970s, Wenders has enjoyed a long parallel career in American cinema and divided his time between Berlin and Hollywood.
- Lovecraft based a parallel Massachusetts on the existing one.
- The phasic and tonic crayfish claw closer neurons have similar sized somata and parallel dendritic branching.
- 2 [Mus] paralelo
- 3 3.1 [Comput] en paralelo parallel printer impresora (f) en paralelo 3.2 [Electron] [circuit] paraleloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I then went ahead and plugged in all the motherboard connectors such as the power switch, reset switch, etc. and then plugged in all the molex and parallel connectors.
- More importantly, parallel connections become far less efficient as traffic rates increase, making serial connections more scalable.
- Programming the ButtonBox requires constructing a special parallel cable to connect to it, and then running the programming software.
- This can mean one thread running from an application and a second thread running from an operating system, or parallel threads running from within a single application.
- A parallel data processing system is provided for increasing the program execution rate of a target machine.
- An array of qubits operates as a parallel computer capable of performing a large calculation in one step, and the power grows rapidly with the number of qubits.
- 1 1.1 [Math] (line) paralela (f); (plane) plano (m) paralelo 1.2 [Geog] paralelo (m) the 38th parallel el paralelo 38More example sentences
- Central Australia was a formally separate entity from the rest of the Territory, marked by the twentieth parallel of latitude.
- Canada Canada is the world's second largest country, with an area of 9971500 km 2, most of it being north of the 49th parallel of latitude and extending to the high Arctic.
- North and South Korea are working on projects to fully connect two sets of railways across the demilitarized zone that separates the Korean Peninsula at the 38th parallel.
- 2 2.1 (similarity) to look at the parallels between two things estudiar el paralelismo entre dos cosas one is struck by the parallels with contemporary Africa llama la atención el paralelismo que existe con el África contemporánea without parallel sin parangón, sin paralelo 2.2 (comparison) to draw a parallel establecer* un paralelismo or un paralelo the article draws a parallel between the two thinkers el artículo establece un paralelo or un paralelismo entre los dos pensadoresMore example sentences
- Science Friction also draws a parallel between the biogenetic pursuit of outward, bodily perfection and the religious pursuit of inner perfection of the soul through devotion to God and prayer.
- He tells of his arrival in Rome as a foreigner and his struggle to learn Latin, and then draws a parallel between his linguistic difficulties and the subject of his story, his transformation.
- Lawrence Rhodes, director of the Juilliard School's Dance Division, draws a parallel between the teaching of choreography and the teaching of dance.
vt (-l- or (BrE also) , -ll-)
- [formal] ser* análogo or paralelo aMore example sentences
- As quite a few theorists about conspiracy theory have pointed out, the rise of conspiracy theories parallels the rise of the internet.
- A variety of companies are now making personal-care products based on more natural, and often organic, ingredients, paralleling the rise of the natural foods movement.
- This rise in discharge rate with hypercapnia paralleled the rise in iEMG activity.