Translation of paralysis in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ses /-siːz/)
- 1.1 u and c [Medicine/Medicina] parálisis (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (inactivity, powerlessness) paralización (feminine) the strike has led to a complete paralysis of the steel industry la huelga ha llevado a una total paralización de la industria siderúrgica
- Traditional stroke symptoms were defined as loss of balance and paralysis of at least one part of the body.
- The effect of facial paralysis with loss of muscle and skin tone in the elderly patient leads to laxity or ectropion of the lower lid.
- Specialist equipment such as splints, callipers and braces can help with paralysis and contractures.
- Downing Street, if not quite yet gripped by paralysis, is at least on edge waiting for malevolent treachery to strike again.
- Finally he yanked himself out of the paralysis that gripped him and pulled the blinds tightly shut.
- I can only suggest that the paralysis that has gripped this country in recent years is causing us huge angst.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...