Translation of paralysis in Spanish:
noun plural paralysesPronunciation: /-siːz/
- 1 uncountable and countable (Medicine)Example sentences
- Traditional stroke symptoms were defined as loss of balance and paralysis of at least one part of the body.
- The effect of facial paralysis with loss of muscle and skin tone in the elderly patient leads to laxity or ectropion of the lower lid.
- Specialist equipment such as splints, callipers and braces can help with paralysis and contractures.
- 2 uncountable (inactivity, powerlessness) the strike has led to a complete paralysis of the steel industryla huelga ha llevado a una total paralización de la industria siderúrgicaExample sentences
- Downing Street, if not quite yet gripped by paralysis, is at least on edge waiting for malevolent treachery to strike again.
- Finally he yanked himself out of the paralysis that gripped him and pulled the blinds tightly shut.
- I can only suggest that the paralysis that has gripped this country in recent years is causing us huge angst.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.