Translation of paranoia in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Psychology/Psicología] paranoia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (fear, suspicion) [colloquial/familiar] manía (feminine)
- He spent some time in America and there he began to show signs of paranoia and other aspects of mental disturbance.
- Twenty years of turmoil followed; five breakdowns including episodes of paranoia and delusions.
- Mr Crosland said Day's use of amphetamines had caused delusions and paranoia.
- Setting aside suspicion and paranoia, surely highways officials must have a plan for the future of this area.
- On the space station that orbits Solaris, paranoia has evolved into a degree of mistrust, bordering on terror.
- The atmosphere of universal suspicion and vigilance of the Terror years was not irrational paranoia.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.