Translation of parapet in Spanish:
- [Architecture/Arquitectura] parapeto (masculine), pretil (masculine); [Military/Militar] parapeto (masculine)Example sentences
- And it is true that the young have always been in love with edges, walking the parapet of a bridge when the pavement is right beside it.
- You should be sure to form a parapet around the edges of the flat roof in order to contain your new upside-down roof from wind uplift.
- Three young men had a lucky escape after their car left the road, ploughed through a bridge parapet and ended up on its roof in a river.
- The German soldiers even had a line of little Christmas trees along the parapets of their trenches.
- Harry heard the scream of an incoming shell, as he went to dive for cover, the round burst on the parapet, directly above him.
- The Saxons started to put up small conifers on the parapets of their trenches - akin to our Christmas trees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.