Translation of parapet in Spanish:
- (Architecture)(Military)Example sentences
- And it is true that the young have always been in love with edges, walking the parapet of a bridge when the pavement is right beside it.
- You should be sure to form a parapet around the edges of the flat roof in order to contain your new upside-down roof from wind uplift.
- Three young men had a lucky escape after their car left the road, ploughed through a bridge parapet and ended up on its roof in a river.
- The German soldiers even had a line of little Christmas trees along the parapets of their trenches.
- Harry heard the scream of an incoming shell, as he went to dive for cover, the round burst on the parapet, directly above him.
- The Saxons started to put up small conifers on the parapets of their trenches - akin to our Christmas trees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than