- [Architecture/Arquitectura] parapeto (masculine), pretil (masculine); [Military/Militar] parapeto (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- And it is true that the young have always been in love with edges, walking the parapet of a bridge when the pavement is right beside it.
- You should be sure to form a parapet around the edges of the flat roof in order to contain your new upside-down roof from wind uplift.
- Three young men had a lucky escape after their car left the road, ploughed through a bridge parapet and ended up on its roof in a river.
- The German soldiers even had a line of little Christmas trees along the parapets of their trenches.
- Harry heard the scream of an incoming shell, as he went to dive for cover, the round burst on the parapet, directly above him.
- The Saxons started to put up small conifers on the parapets of their trenches - akin to our Christmas trees.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.