- 1.1 [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] parásito (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (person) parásito (masculine)
More example sentences
- These genes are essentially immune system genes and defend the host organism from parasites.
- After all, more than half the species on Earth are parasites, and most organisms are host to a number of them.
- Some water molds are parasites on other organisms; they may grow on the scales or eggs of fish, or on amphibians.
- MPs, councillors and all their cronies are nothing more than scroungers, spongers, parasites.
- They are literary parasites, the enemies of creativity and imagination.
- They are all a pack of bludgers and parasites who pay no taxes but spend ours.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.