Translation of pare in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (peel) pelar, mondarExample sentences1.2 (trim) [nails] cortar
Example sentences1.3pare down
- Doctors take up knives and pare off flesh and bone.
- My brand new trainers were completely wrecked with the imprints of red hot nails all over them, and it took me hours that afternoon to pare off all the blackened rubber with a knife to keep my parents from finding out.
- Barrett has the ability to really pare away the onion skins of the individual to show the true man inside.
- Being a consummate realist, Joyce reports what he observes and then nonchalantly pares his fingernails, as Stephen suggests in the speculative remarks at the end of A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man.
- As soon as the nails were soft, I pared them right back.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.