Translation of parish in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion) 1.1 (area)(before noun) (newsletter/community)1.2 (residents)Example sentences
- Many of these lay candidates are already deeply involved in church ministry: in parishes, on diocesan staffs, as chaplains on campuses, in hospitals, and in jails.
- We should pray for renewal explicitly, as individuals, small Christian communities, parishes, and dioceses.
- In the mainline churches, certain parishes have refused pastoral care to victims and their families.
- 2 (Politics)Example sentences
- Over £16,000 has been awarded over the next two years to take roadshows to the rural parishes and islands to engage older people in activities to benefit their health and well-being.
- Hurling supporters in neighbouring parishes are scouring local GAA officials in the hope of getting a ticket to the September 12 Final.
- We hope this service will help unite the local parishes into a cohesive unit speaking with one voice, something that is sadly lacking over the years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.