Translation of parish in Spanish:
- 1 [Religion/Religión] 1.1 (area) parroquia (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [newsletter/community] parroquial 1.2 (residents) parroquia (feminine)Example sentences
- Many of these lay candidates are already deeply involved in church ministry: in parishes, on diocesan staffs, as chaplains on campuses, in hospitals, and in jails.
- We should pray for renewal explicitly, as individuals, small Christian communities, parishes, and dioceses.
- In the mainline churches, certain parishes have refused pastoral care to victims and their families.
- 2 [Politics/Política] distrito (masculine)Example sentences
- Over £16,000 has been awarded over the next two years to take roadshows to the rural parishes and islands to engage older people in activities to benefit their health and well-being.
- Hurling supporters in neighbouring parishes are scouring local GAA officials in the hope of getting a ticket to the September 12 Final.
- We hope this service will help unite the local parishes into a cohesive unit speaking with one voice, something that is sadly lacking over the years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to