Translation of park in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in town)Example sentences1.2 (in a private estate)
jardines (masculine plural)
- The most striking ones are connected with the illegal giveaway of some public parks and gardens, he said.
- Work includes care of public parks, gardens, painting of signs, sowing of flowers, shrubs, care of the graveyards, repair of paths etc.
- He would like to see more public parks and gardens where he could go to feed the ducks with his children; more facilities for younger people - and more child-friendly pubs.
- 2 2.1 (stadium)(American English)2.2 (soccer field) (British English) [colloquial] the parkel campo de juegola cancha (Latin America)Example sentences
- Not to mention he accomplished this playing his home games in Yankee Stadium, a difficult park for righthanded hitters.
- The Southern League has favored pitching dramatically of late, though the Georgia outfielders will be playing in historically neutral parks.
- The ball had plenty of depth to reach the park's famed left field fence.
- 3 (Military)Example sentences
- Plans came and went that included high-rise apartments and an amusement theme park, however nothing materialised.
- A series of pilots are set to begin at regional and national theme parks.
- In the amusement parks on the outskirts of Chennai, huge crowds queue for a water ride.
- 1.1 I'm parked around the corner1.2 (put) [colloquial] park yourself there next to grannytengo el coche estacionado ( or aparcado etc) a la vuelta de la esquinashe was parked in front of the TV all afternoonponte ahí al lado de la abuelase pasó toda la tarde apoltronada frente al televisorExample sentences
- Equally, if Stringer was lost for any period of time then you could park any notions of grandeur until he returned.
- Which is sweet of them, except that these crèches are not to park your baby in - they're for men.
- I need to do a nifty leftward swerve right where you've parked your eight year old child!
- At the start of a routine home fixture he parks himself in a seat high in Ibrox's Main Stand.
- I promptly told my mind to shut up and strolled across the floor to the bar, parking myself in a seat.
- At the command every student in the room hurriedly parked themselves in their specific seats and waited for instructions from the teacher, Madame Besson.
- The car park of Morrisons often suffers from overflow car parking with shoppers having to park on side roads close to Morrisons which creates more congested local roads.
- Does free parking mean one can park vehicles anywhere and on any road?
- Police have been using the Polebarn Road offices to park vehicles since May.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.