Translation of parlay in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (bet) apostar* ([ lo que se ha ganado ]) 1.2 (turn)to parlay sth
intosth he parlayed a small investment into a fortune hizo de una pequeña inversión una fortuna she parlayed her beauty into movie stardom se valió de su belleza para alcanzar el estrellatoExample sentences
- Baccarat is a good fit for folks who enjoy the agony and ecstasy of gambling as well as the resplendence of the milieu, and don't come to the casino primarily or exclusively to parlay small stakes into big bucks.
- He wanted somehow to parlay his stake into ownership of the whole paper and have us send him more money in the meantime.
- They are in the position of the horse player who bet two dollars on a long shot, then parlayed his bets and kept winning, race after race, until he bet the entire wad, $10,000, on a 10-1 shot in the last race.
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) apuesta (feminine) acumulativa, redoblona (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.