Translation of parochial in Spanish:
- 1.1 (narrow) [pejorative]Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- Lawyers always have a narrow and parochial interest in expanding the domain of human activity subject to their cartel.
- Five hundred years ago, the available tools for enquiry were distinctly limited by parochial geography and religious culture.
- Our view of the blogosphere gradually narrows, becoming parochial and staid.
- The return of the chimes holds a special place in the heart of the parochial church council member, who has lived in the village for nearly 30 years.
- She was a lively public speaker, a governor of two schools, and a member of Beverley Minster parochial church council.
- The vast array of suggestions were also presented to the parochial church council, which will now consider all the options before coming up with a final plan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.