Translation of parochial in Spanish:
- 1.1 (narrow) [pejorative]Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- Lawyers always have a narrow and parochial interest in expanding the domain of human activity subject to their cartel.
- Five hundred years ago, the available tools for enquiry were distinctly limited by parochial geography and religious culture.
- Our view of the blogosphere gradually narrows, becoming parochial and staid.
- The return of the chimes holds a special place in the heart of the parochial church council member, who has lived in the village for nearly 30 years.
- She was a lively public speaker, a governor of two schools, and a member of Beverley Minster parochial church council.
- The vast array of suggestions were also presented to the parochial church council, which will now consider all the options before coming up with a final plan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.