n (pl -dies)
- [Lit] parodia (f) the trial was a parody of justice el juicio fue una farsaMore example sentences
- Discuss how the reversal of the conventions makes for a comic effect and how the comedy genre uses a parody of other genres by referring to current comedy films or TV programmes the class may be viewing.
- Her first collection Making Cocoa for Kingsley included a number of literary jokes and parodies in the style of some of the most notable 20th century poets.
- Some followers of Teraoka's work have wondered why an artist so closely identified with clever parodies of traditional Japanese styles would turn to a Western medieval format.
vt (-dies, -dying, -died)
- [novel/writer] parodiarMore example sentences
- Mr Punch's Prize Novelists parodies the leading writers of the day.
- Voltaire's Candide, in which Pangloss takes the place of Mentor, will parody the genre.
- Funny and cleverly written (but for one misuse of the word ‘inferred’), this light-hearted and engaging story parodies the spy genre without sacrificing the reader's involvement.