Translation of parquet in Spanish:
- 1 [Constr] parqué (masculine), parquet (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [floor] de parqué or parquetExample sentences
- A dog-leg staircase which has the original wrought-iron railing leads to the first floor landing with herringbone parquet flooring.
- In the first floor offices oak parquet flooring and silver aluminium roof make a soothing, neutral interior.
- This includes money spent on fitting carpets, laying parquet flooring, installing new electrical lighting, fitting a new bathroom suite and installing a new kitchen.
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Theater/Teatro] platea (feminine)Example sentences
- However, the traditional faculty-staff seating - four sections in the parquet - remains, and most faculty will be seated there.
- Seen from the Parquet and illuminated by the skylight, a sculpture by Irène Whittome gives an atmosphere of relaxation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.