Translation of parrot in Spanish:
- (Zoology) as sick as a parrot (British English) [colloquial]I was o felt as sick as a parrotmuerto de rabia [colloquial]estaba que me moría de la rabia [colloquial]Example sentences
- It's been observed in many other bird species besides parrots and macaws, as well as elephants, macaques, giraffes, rhinos and chimpanzees.
- You can attract birds like eastern rosellas, king parrots, galahs and lorikeets to your garden.
- Song birds in the mating season seem to sing endlessly, and some birds, such as parrots or lyre birds, can even imitate human speech almost to perfection.
- [pejorative](words/opinions)repetir como un loro or papagayoExample sentences
- The ‘we can increase production’ quote has been parroted repeatedly in the mainstream media with little background or additional information provided.
- So, while the media was mindlessly parroting that information over and over again, these viewers already understood that it most likely was not true.
- Asked about writing, she examines the butter dish with interest, before mouthing some sentences like a student parroting poetry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than