- 1 1.1 (fragment, tiny piece) partícula (feminine) there wasn't a particle of truth in what he said no había un ápice de verdad en lo que dijoMore example sentences1.2 [Nuclear Physics/Física Nuclear] partícula (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) particle accelerator acelerador (masculine) de partículas particle physics física (feminine) de partículas
More example sentences
- Uncatchables were like magnets for loose electrons, and whenever they became solid, it was because they had attracted all of the minute particles of matter in the area towards them.
- It is true that Newton did suggest that if we could know the forces that operate on the minute particles of matter, we could understand why macroscopic processes occur in the ways they do.
- Cloud seeding is a snowmaking technique that discharges minute particles of a chemical called iodide into winter storm clouds to create snow.
- Counting photons, particles that carry electromagnetic energy including X-rays, was critical to this discovery.
- Electrical power can be related to the Planck constant, defined as the ratio between the frequency of an electromagnetic particle such as a photon of light and its energy.
- In addition, they must consider the electrons not as particles, but as quantum mechanical waves.
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] partícula (feminine)More example sentences
- If no special emphasis is employed, the adverbial particle in a phrasal verb proper is stressed: to píck úp a bóok/píck a bóok úp.
- Maybe, as a result of this, sentences occasionally miss main verbs or particles get mislaid, but blogging is Hell, soldier.
- The third shared feature is that where there is more than one particle accompanying a verb, the particles always have a fixed order before the verb: tense-mood-aspect.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.