- 1 uncountable/no numerable (separation) despedida (feminine) so this is the parting of the ways así que esta es la despedida definitivaMore example sentences
- In the story of this passion, too, the development varies: sometimes it is the glorious marriage, sometimes frustration and final parting.
- For a couple embarking on a serious relationship, discussion of the terms to apply at parting is almost a contradiction of the shared hopes that have brought them together.
- In the film Oliver's attempt to get Fagin to pray is overwhelmed by the emotional intensity of Fagin's sense of parting from the young orphan he took in.
- 2 countable/numerable (in hair) (British English/inglés británico) raya (feminine), carrera (feminine) (Colombia) (Venezuela) , partidura (feminine) (Chile)More example sentences
- Sebastian Coe has been especially reanimated for the occasion and his side parting has been measured and angled precisely to meet IOC hairstyle guidelines.
- The decade that followed also marked the start of the ‘middle parting, pasted hair on both sides of the face’ sported by the saucy Sharmila Tagore.
- She had short, dark brown hair that reached her neck, and her parting was at the left side, so more hair curved over the right.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.