Translation of partisan in Spanish:
- 1.1 (guerrilla) partisano, (masculine, feminine), miembro (masculine and feminine) de la resistenciaExample sentences1.2 (supporter) partidario, (masculine, feminine)
- Giovanni Pesce fought with the partisans during the Second World War.
- Whether the same is true in the realm of the very small - the warfare of guerrillas, partisans, and terrorists - is more difficult to say.
- He reminded listeners that in 1943 Yugoslav partisans in Serbia fought against numerically superior German forces and won.
- Also, the fact that party partisans are put in charge of running the elections is crazy and is an obvious conflict of interest.
- Democratic partisans believe they smell blood in the water, and their instinct is to swarm.
- Today, as in the past, chefs are grouped into ‘schools’ with debates raging between the partisans of one and supporters of another.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.