- 1.1 (guerrilla) partisano, (masculine, feminine), miembro (masculine and feminine) de la resistenciaMore example sentences1.2 (supporter) partidario, (masculine, feminine)
More example sentences
- Giovanni Pesce fought with the partisans during the Second World War.
- Whether the same is true in the realm of the very small - the warfare of guerrillas, partisans, and terrorists - is more difficult to say.
- He reminded listeners that in 1943 Yugoslav partisans in Serbia fought against numerically superior German forces and won.
- Also, the fact that party partisans are put in charge of running the elections is crazy and is an obvious conflict of interest.
- Democratic partisans believe they smell blood in the water, and their instinct is to swarm.
- Today, as in the past, chefs are grouped into ‘schools’ with debates raging between the partisans of one and supporters of another.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.