Translation of partisan in Spanish:
- 1.1 (guerrilla)partisano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)
miembro (masculine and feminine) de la resistenciaExample sentences1.2 (supporter)
partidario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Giovanni Pesce fought with the partisans during the Second World War.
- Whether the same is true in the realm of the very small - the warfare of guerrillas, partisans, and terrorists - is more difficult to say.
- He reminded listeners that in 1943 Yugoslav partisans in Serbia fought against numerically superior German forces and won.
- Also, the fact that party partisans are put in charge of running the elections is crazy and is an obvious conflict of interest.
- Democratic partisans believe they smell blood in the water, and their instinct is to swarm.
- Today, as in the past, chefs are grouped into ‘schools’ with debates raging between the partisans of one and supporters of another.
- It is part of the sincerity of rational arguments that they are never knowingly glosses for partisan prejudices.
- Of course, many of those who were right about the war were only right because of their own partisan prejudices.
- It's getting very hard to attribute these kinds of responses to sheer ignorance - or even partisan bias.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.