Translation of party in Spanish:
- 1 (event) fiesta (feminine) I was invited to a tea/dinner party me invitaron a un té/a una cena we're going to have o [colloquial/familiar] throw a party to celebrate it vamos a dar or hacer una fiesta para celebrarlo they gave her a party dieron una fiesta en su honor the party's over se acabó la fiesta (before noun/delante del nombre) [mood] festivo; [game] de salón; [dress] de fiestaExample sentences
- Sometimes, caterers serving at parties and social gatherings order large quantities.
- The hotel staff encourages the use of this area for social gatherings and parties.
- A buffet of finger foods is the perfect way to serve guests at an anniversary party or wedding reception.
- 2 [Politics/Política] partido (masculine) to join a party afiliarse a un partido (before noun/delante del nombre) [member/worker/leader] del partido the party line la línea del partido [pejorative/peyorativo], partidismo (masculine)Example sentences
- Each ballot paper has a list of all registered political parties contesting the elections.
- The Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties are contesting every seat.
- It broke a 40-year monopoly of the two openly capitalist parties over working class politics.
- 3 (group) grupo (masculine) they were a small party eran un grupo pequeño, eran pocos (in hunting) partida (feminine) are you one of our party? ¿usted forma parte de nuestro grupo? raiding party destacamento (masculine) de asaltoExample sentences
- After an unsuccessful trip his hunting party bought him a bear cub to shoot.
- Private parties can book for trips along the coastline or upriver to Waterford.
- The most organised person in our party had brought a torch, but we also had our own guide to help us find our way home.
- 4 (person or body involved) parte (feminine) a solution acceptable to both parties una solución aceptable para ambas partes a third party un tercero all parties concerned todos los interesados the guilty/innocent party el inocente/culpable the parties to the contract los firmantes or las partes del contrato to be (a) party to a suit ser* parte litigante to be (a) party to a crime/deception ser* cómplice de un crimen/engaño I will not be (a) party to that yo no me voy a prestar a eso, yo no me voy a hacer cómplice de eso it is in the hands of an unnamed private party está en manos de un particular anónimoExample sentences
- In such cases, resort to binding adjudication will require the agreement of all parties to the dispute.
- She accused both parties in the dispute of losing sight of the fact that the people who were suffering most were the students.
- This will delay the much needed reforms as the various parties dispute their respective responsibilities and the subject fades from public memory.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.