Translation of party in Spanish:
- 1 (event) I was invited to a tea/dinner partyme invitaron a un té/a una cenawe're going to have or [colloquial] throw a party to celebrate itvamos a dar or hacer una fiesta para celebrarlothey gave her a partydieron una fiesta en su honorthe party's overse acabó la fiesta(before noun) (mood)
de fiestaExample sentences
- Sometimes, caterers serving at parties and social gatherings order large quantities.
- The hotel staff encourages the use of this area for social gatherings and parties.
- A buffet of finger foods is the perfect way to serve guests at an anniversary party or wedding reception.
- 2 (Politics) to join a partyafiliarse a un partido(before noun) (member/worker/leader)the party line
del partidola línea del partido[derogatory]
partidismo (masculine)Example sentences
- Each ballot paper has a list of all registered political parties contesting the elections.
- The Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties are contesting every seat.
- It broke a 40-year monopoly of the two openly capitalist parties over working class politics.
- 3 (group) they were a small partyeran un grupo pequeño
eran pocos(in hunting) partida (feminine)are you one of our party?¿usted forma parte de nuestro grupo?raiding partydestacamento (masculine) de asaltoExample sentences
- After an unsuccessful trip his hunting party bought him a bear cub to shoot.
- Private parties can book for trips along the coastline or upriver to Waterford.
- The most organised person in our party had brought a torch, but we also had our own guide to help us find our way home.
- 4 (person or body involved) a solution acceptable to both partiesuna solución aceptable para ambas partesa third partyun terceroall parties concernedtodos los interesadosthe guilty/innocent partyel inocente/culpablethe parties to the contractlos firmantes or las partes del contratoto be (a) party to a suitser parte litiganteto be (a) party to a crime/deceptionser cómplice de un crimen/engañoI will not be (a) party to thatyo no me voy a prestar a esoit is in the hands of an unnamed private party
yo no me voy a hacer cómplice de esoestá en manos de un particular anónimoExample sentences
- In such cases, resort to binding adjudication will require the agreement of all parties to the dispute.
- She accused both parties in the dispute of losing sight of the fact that the people who were suffering most were the students.
- This will delay the much needed reforms as the various parties dispute their respective responsibilities and the subject fades from public memory.
- [colloquial] (go to parties)ir a fiestas(have fun) divertirseshe loves to partyle encanta ir a fiestas/divertirselet's party!¡vámonos de juerga! [colloquial]Example sentences
- Maybe it's because we just like music and dancing and partying and having a good time.
- Everyone old and young brought their own food and drink and partied through to the early hours of the morning in the village square.
- Some people just come for a drink, but still, the majority have come from partying.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.