Translation of party in Spanish:
- 1 (event) I was invited to a tea/dinner partywe're going to have o [colloquial] throw a party to celebrate itme invitaron a un té/a una cenathey gave her a partyvamos a dar or hacer una fiesta para celebrarlothe party's overdieron una fiesta en su honorse acabó la fiesta(before noun) (mood)(game)de salón(dress)de fiestaExample sentences
- Sometimes, caterers serving at parties and social gatherings order large quantities.
- The hotel staff encourages the use of this area for social gatherings and parties.
- A buffet of finger foods is the perfect way to serve guests at an anniversary party or wedding reception.
- 2 (Politics) to join a partyafiliarse a un partido(before noun) (member/worker/leader)the party linedel partidola línea del partido[pejorative]Example sentences
- Each ballot paper has a list of all registered political parties contesting the elections.
- The Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties are contesting every seat.
- It broke a 40-year monopoly of the two openly capitalist parties over working class politics.
- 3 (group) they were a small partyeran un grupo pequeñoeran pocos(in hunting)are you one of our party?raiding party¿usted forma parte de nuestro grupo?destacamento (masculine) de asaltoExample sentences
- After an unsuccessful trip his hunting party bought him a bear cub to shoot.
- Private parties can book for trips along the coastline or upriver to Waterford.
- The most organised person in our party had brought a torch, but we also had our own guide to help us find our way home.
- 4 (person or body involved) a solution acceptable to both partiesa third partyuna solución aceptable para ambas partesall parties concernedun tercerothe guilty/innocent partytodos los interesadosthe parties to the contractel inocente/culpableto be (a) party to a suitlos firmantes or las partes del contratoto be (a) party to a crime/deceptionser parte litiganteI will not be (a) party to thatser cómplice de un crimen/engañoit is in the hands of an unnamed private partyyo no me voy a prestar a esoyo no me voy a hacer cómplice de esoestá en manos de un particular anónimoExample sentences
- In such cases, resort to binding adjudication will require the agreement of all parties to the dispute.
- She accused both parties in the dispute of losing sight of the fact that the people who were suffering most were the students.
- This will delay the much needed reforms as the various parties dispute their respective responsibilities and the subject fades from public memory.
- [colloquial] (go to parties)ir a fiestas(have fun)she loves to partydivertirselet's party!le encanta ir a fiestas/divertirse¡vámonos de juerga! [colloquial]Example sentences
- Maybe it's because we just like music and dancing and partying and having a good time.
- Everyone old and young brought their own food and drink and partied through to the early hours of the morning in the village square.
- Some people just come for a drink, but still, the majority have come from partying.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than