- 1.1 (adequate) pasable, aceptableMore example sentences1.2 [road/route] transitable
More example sentences
- For your information, I thought it was perfectly passable, and nasty enough, without being too scary.
- In her opinion, her looks were passable enough to be called pretty.
- His face was not much to look at - certainly not handsome, but passable enough.
- A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said Whitby and Scarborough were the worst hit areas but all main roads were passable with care.
- By last night the force said most roads were passable with care.
- In Elvington, there was serious flooding but roads were passable with care.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.